7 Danger Signals of Mental Illness
- Prolonged lack of appetite, lack of sleep, loss of interest and feeling that life is not worth living.
- Shifting bodily pains including headaches and heaviness of the head made worse by everyday stresses of living.
- Excessive intake of alcohol and other drugs which interferes with one’s health, family and society.
- Bizarre symptoms like talking to oneself, hearing voices, confusion and restlessness.
- Inability to spend on’e time, money, and other resources appropriately.
- Inability to establish good interpersonal relationships especially at family level.
- Neglecting expected personal, family and social responsibilities.
A public service message from the World Health Organisation.
If you are experiencing any of this signs, that’s a warning sign; if more than 5 of the signs, seek professional care.
NB: Remember to mediate on the 7 danger signals of mental illness, and if you have a warning sigh, talk to a Chaplain.
error: Content is protected !!
Site developed by Maingate Kenya (+254 735 420001 / +254 725 766514)